3/16/2007

A Prayer.

"YOU CAN'T TAKE A MIRACLE AND JUST SHOW IT!" he said indignantly. "YOU CAN'T PROVE A MIRACLE - YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE IT! IF THE RED SEA ACTUALLY PARTED, IT DIDN'T LOOK LIKE THAT," he said. " IT DIDN'T LOOK LIKE ANYTHING - IT'S NOT A PICTURE ANYONE CAN EVEN IMAGINE .



- A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving


A book that I've been reading for about, 2months now. I don't really have much time to read books that aren't related to my studies you see, so the only time and place that I really do read my novels are when I'm with John...yes, The John.


I've always been excited about John Irving. Not that I've ever read any of his other works before, but his books are always the 'expensive' and 'featured' ones on the "Hot" corners. And I, I don't believe in spending RM40 for books that are not read and proven wonderful. I buy all(most) my books from Pay Less Books :D


I'm a loyal customer, you know.


RM 40 can buy up to 6 good books in PLB uh. I'm not talking about books by nobody for nobody, I'm talking about Susan Minot, John Irving himself, Sue Gritter, etc. I even got a copy of the original Bridget Jones' Diary(yes i know its a girls book) over there, for RM8, when it was selling for RM35 in MPH.


Anyways, why am I promoting PLB?


Have a good day people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben read that before. I'd like to get my hands on this book as well. Seems like a good one.

~Your uncle

p/s: who says i dont read your blog?!?!?

Bloggers United

Bloggers United
the sun is setting..
"so what", you say "it'll rise again tomorrow"
...think again...