2/21/2010

Wrote this early this month.

Excerpt from Man and Wife by Tony Parsons.

"...And I knew that my son would make other friends. In Connecticut. In the new neighbourhood. At big school. At college. He was a likable boy, and he would always make new friends. maybe never quite as good as this one, maybe never quite as good as Bernie Cooper, but they would still be real friends. No matter how much it hurt them, Bernie would have to let him go.
And so would I...."

"...I remembered the day that I took Pat to see his grandfather in the hospital, when it was near the end and the breath wouldn't come any more and I thought that my father and my son should see each otehr one last time. The loss of our grandparents, I thought that's ussualy the first time we understand that life is a series of goodbyes."

"...I wondered if my mum and Pat would ever see each other again."

________________________________________________

The first time you met me, is the day you started preparing your goodbye.

Everything we do, everything, is in a way or another, is a process that will ultimately lead to the end.

-Ong Wee Kee

No comments:

Bloggers United

Bloggers United
the sun is setting..
"so what", you say "it'll rise again tomorrow"
...think again...